One of my favorite ways to spend a relaxing weekend is to binge watch cooking shows. I’m a huge fan of the old school favorites like Chopped and Top Chef but lately, I’ve been impressed by the cooking and baking shows streaming on Netflix. Some are light and funny like Nailed It! others like Ugly Delicious will tug at your heartstrings while making you hungry.
1. Sugar Rush – Sugar Rush is a baking competition show where four professional teams of two compete for a prize of $10,000 making delicious looking confections.
2. Zumbo’s Just Desserts – Zumbo’s Just Desserts is an Australian baking reality competition television program currently streaming on Netflix and is judged by Adriano Zumbo Australian pâtissier and chef.
3. Nailed It! – Nailed It features home bakers with a terrible track record attempting to re-create edible masterpieces for a $10000 prize. It’s part reality contest, part hot mess.
4. Cooked – Cooked is an examination of the primal human need to cook and a clarion call for a return to the kitchen. Each episode will focus on a different natural element and its relationship to both ancient and modern cooking methods.
5. Ugly Delicious – Ugly Delicious follows James Beard Award-winning chef David Chang stars in this travelogue that sends him on a journey to culinary hot spots around the world. He is joined by writers, activists, artists and other chefs who use food as a vehicle to break down cultural barriers and tackle misconceptions.
6. Chef’s Table – Chef’s Table is the first original Netflix documentary series. Each episode of the series profiles a single world-renowned chef.