This layered drink is as delicious as it is beautiful. Now I’m not saying it’s a cake walk, but with a little patience you can share this tasty beverage and show-off to your friends. It’s a good reminder to stop and appreciate the beauty we are surrounded by.
– 1.5 ounces Midori
– 0.5 ounces of Blue Curacao
– 1.5 ounces Orange Juice
– 2 ounces Tonic Water
– 0.5 ounces Blue Curacao
– 1 ounce of Gin
- Start off by adding some ice to your glass and adding the 1.5 ounces of Midori.
- Once it settles take a spoon and flip it over in your hand so the round bottom is up. Put the end in the glass at an angle so it’s touching the side of the glass. Now slowly pour the first 0.5 ounces of the Blue Curacao in over the back of the spoon. It should settle on top of the Midori. It won’t be a perfect line but the color division will be there.
- When the blue curacao settles add the 1.5 ounces of orange juice over the back of the spoon. Do this as slowly as you can. You will see the orange juice mix slightly with both colors but will settle somewhere in between the two colors. Let it settle.
- Now pour the 2 ounces of tonic water in using the same, slow pour over the back of the spoon. Again, take your time and let it settle.
- Add the last 0.5 ounces of blue curacao over the back of the spoon. This time it will stay of top and mix slightly with the tonic water to create the clear blue.
- Finally, add the 1 ounce of gin as the top float.
Take pictures. Laugh. Share the struggle of beverage layering. Then after you’ve put in all that work, stir that baby up and drink because life is both beautiful and messy.