Trail mix is like the catch-all, use-all snack for pretty much any occasion. Whether we were camping or at a soccer game or during a holiday party, trail mix was always present. Everyone always had a handful and sometimes by the end of the night you were afraid to have a handful because everyone had already had one. But Trail Mix was always there to share the events, no matter how you make it. So for National Trail Mix Day I wanted to share a few out of the box recipes to try. #NationalTrailMixDay
1. Easy Ranch Snack Mix | Life With the Crust Cut Off
I don’t think I’ve met a ranch flavored snack I haven’t liked. And this was is as simple as they come.
2. Mango Curry Snack Mix | Eating Bird Food
Mango and Curry make all the sense to me. A little bit of sweet, a little bit of spicy and a whole lot of character.
3. Bourbon Bacon Trail Mix | Buzzfeed
Do we really need to say more than Bourbon and Bacon? I think not.
4. Caramel Churro Chex Mix | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
I think of this like a Churro that never gets soggy. Plus, this would be a hit with the little humans in your life.
5. Sweet & Spicy Asian Snack Mix | Life Made Simple
This could become addicting very quickly. Between the heat from the wasabi almonds and the sweetness from the honey, this could be our next obsession.
6. Chocolate Cherry Trail Mix | In Katrina’s Kitchen
Why this was not something I ventured to try before, I have no answer. But chocolate and cherries are like a match made in snack heaven.
7. The Best Trail Mix Ever | The House of the Smiths
This reminds me of the trail mix we’d eat during Christmas every year. Only the stuff we liked and it was gone in a heartbeat.
8. Better than Sex Chex Mix | Chex
I mean, I can’t guarantee that it is. But it looks pretty damn delicious.