Want to know the real secret to winning friends and influencing people? Sweet, chocolatey cookies! Here are five takes on the classic that you need to have in your baking backpack:
1. Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookies, made by Cookies & Cups. Plan ahead and follow the directions precisely, and ye shall be rewarded with greatness.
2. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies by Joy the Baker. Okay, maybe this isn’t quite the classic since it’s a chocolate cookie, but if you’re craving maximum chocolate (and who isn’t?) then this cookie will be your new best friend. A friend you eat. Maybe that’s not a great analogy…
3. Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies by Cookies & Cups. Okay, busted, I already posted something from this website, but hey, I do what I want! These are a huge hit every time I bring them to work. I’ve mixed it up a bit sometimes, adding in stuff like Rice Krispies and marshmallows and dark chocolate chips, but the basic recipe is solid gold.
4. Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Baker by Nature. If you know anything about me, it’s that I love putting booze in baked goods. Imagine the brown butter and bourbon and brown sugar and chocolate and pecans and sea salt all together in a beautiful cookie.
5. The Dessert Nerd’s Big Cookies, by Sweatpants and Coffee. I tried to come up with another recipe to include so it doesn’t seem like I’m bragging, but the truth is that this is the one I make most often. Note: since I wrote the article, I’ve switched from sweetened shredded coconut to unsweetened flaked coconut. It gives great volume to the cookie without making it overly sweet.
Fire up the oven and give these recipes a go. Let me know which is your favorite!