I’m sure at this point each of you has tried at least one kind of coffee shake. Maybe at an ice cream shop or at a burger place; something. But I have been working on my at-home coffee shake game and I am 99% positive I have found the best recipe thus far. Here’s what you need:
- 1 pint of Häagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream (or if you’re like me you’ll just buy the quart)
- Chocolate Syrup
- 1 packet of Trader Joe‘s Instant Coffee with cream & sugar
- 1 cup of Milk
- Whipped Cream and Sprinkles to taste
- Scoop about 4 good-sized scoops of coffee ice cream into the blender.
- Add the 1 cup of milk and drizzle in as much or as little chocolate syrup as you want. I go for a 4-second pull.
- Add the packet of instant coffee. (Side note: This instant coffee is delicious. I like to add a couple of packets to a cup of milk and it is such good iced coffee.)
- Blend until it is the consistency that you like. Add more ice cream for a thicker consistency or add more milk for a kind of semi-frozen iced coffee.
- Add a heap of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
Häagen Dazs has the smoothest, creamiest coffee ice cream that I’ve found. It has really great coffee flavor without any bitterness. The Trader Joe’s Instant Coffee is delicious go-to for a quick instant coffee and really just enhances the coffee-ness in the shake. You just can’t go wrong with this one.