Happy Peanut Butter Cookie Day! In honor of such a delicious holiday, I’d like to present to you the world’s easiest (and yummiest) peanut butter cookie recipe. These get instantly snapped up every time I bake them – you’re going to want to make a double recipe! The best part about these cookies is that nobody can tell that they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-FODMAP (meaning that they fit a special diet for people with irritable bowel syndrome).
You can either make the cookies into round balls or flatter circles. My friends have tended to prefer the flatter circles, but I must say that the round balls are also delicious! It depends on what texture you prefer. Without further ado, here’s the world’s simplest 3-ingredient recipe with optional add-ins.
- 1 cup lite brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (I suggest Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter, stirred to incorporate the oil at the top – if you double the recipe, you can just pour the whole jar in)
- 1 egg
- Optional add ins: I pour some dairy-free chocolate chips (Ghirardelli and Enjoy Life both make these) into them every time I bake them. I also suggest shredded coconut, a splash of vanilla, chopped up nuts, or really anything else that fits your heart’s fancy.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- On the cookie sheet, scoop the dough into round balls, whatever size you like – I tend to make them about 1-1.5” in diameter and press them so that they’re a bit flat.
- Bake for 10-12 min. If you like cookies soft, take them out before they look like they’re ready because they’ll become perfect once you move them, still on the parchment paper, to a wire drying rack. If you like cookies crispy, take them out when the edges are brown and move them on the parchment paper to a wire drying rack.
- Give them about 10 minutes to settle and then try not to eat all of them in one sitting! (It will be difficult. Trust me.)
If you enjoyed this dietary-restriction-friendly recipe, I suggest you check out my Google drive of recipes! So many of them are super simple, just like these cookies, and many of them are quite healthy. (We’re talking chia seeds, spinach, and all sorts of nuts, y’all. Get ready.)
Photo By Stacy [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons