Meet the first winner in our 2016 Holiday Cookie Contest: Kaz from A Sweet Little Life. These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth honey pecan teacakes are a great addition to any celebration.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds, add honey and beat until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, beat well, scraping sides of the bowl.
4. Stir in flour.
5. Add pecans last on low speed.
6. Shape into 1-inch balls.
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Gently roll cookies in powdered sugar once when warm and then again when cooled.
9. Serve immediately or freeze for up to 2-3 weeks.