Welcome to Mood Music, where you, our beloved Sweatpants & Coffee readers, share the songs that you rely on to cheer you up, make you feel sexy, or have a good cathartic cry. This week’s topic was “What’s the theme song for your life?” These are the tunes that kind of say it all about getting by in this crazy world. Which, according to several of you, requires quite a lot of Billy Joel and Linkin Park.
As usual, we had a lot of great suggestions. Here are some of our favorites.
- “Have It All” by Jeremy Kay, recommended by Emily Parker
- “Yellow” by Coldplay, recommended by Hulda Cabrera-Hernandez
- “Everyday I Write the Book” by Elvis Costello & the Attractions, recommended by Jordan Rosenfeld
- “My Life” by Billy Joel, recommended by Moani Kiyabu Piligrino
- “The Joker” by The Steve Miller Band, recommended by Jim Nuytens
- “Best Imitation of Myself” by Ben Folds, recommended by Barbara Sirois Doyle
- “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield, recommended by Sarah Katherine Miller
- “Breakout” by Swing Out Sister, recommended by Nanea Hoffman
- “Only the Good Die Young” by Billy Joel, recommended by Tennille King
- “I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, recommended by Carrie Anne
- “Somewhere I Belong” by Linkin Park, recommended by Genise Mace, Cian Taaffe
- “I Stand Alone” by Godsmack, recommended by Mike Carey Sr.
Click here to get this playlist:
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/2106862″]
Thanks for the suggestions, friends! Watch our Facebook page and Twitter feeds for your chance to be featured in our next column!