You may also download these submission guidelines as a word doc.
Submission Guidelines for Sweatpants & Coffee
Sweatpants & Coffee is happy to welcome new writers! We are looking for contributors in all site categories: personal essays, pop culture, television, books, recipes, lifestyle pieces, humor, roundups, mental health, you name it! Please be familiar with our website, particularly our tone and mission, before submitting content. We pay for original and previously published content based on clicks. If you are interested in writing for us, please read the details below and hit the “submit” button to send us your content.
How to submit to Sweatpants & Coffee
We will need the following.
- Your blog/website URL (If you don’t have one that’s okay.)
- Your social media profiles (Please include links.)
- Please specify if you are submitting an original article or previously published piece. If previously published, please include the name of publication and a link to the original article.
- Your name and email address. If you have published with us before, please note that as well.
- Your submission either pasted in the body of an email or as a Word document. If you wish to send photos, please include as separate attachments. Do not embed in the Word document. Please include a 140 character summary of your piece as well as relevant tags/keywords (a tag can also be a short phrase). NOTE: Submissions that do not include blurb and tags will not be accepted.
Title: “5 Ways Sweatpants Have Made My Marriage Better”
SEO Summary: “You can be comfortable and loved. In fact, here are five ways sweatpants have improved my marriage.”
Tags: sweatpants, comfort, relationships, marriage, self-acceptance, love, just do you
- Listicles, pop culture pieces, recipes, and lifestyle articles should aim to be between 600 and 800 words. Essays (please familiarize yourself with the essays on our site) should be between 1000 and 1600 words, although we do consider longer form works if the topic merits it.
- A short biography (150 words or so). Feel free to include links to current projects and social media profiles.
- Your Gravatar.com e-mail address or a headshot of yourself (150 px by 150 px).
Unique views are recorded for 30 days after your original or previously published article goes live. Payments are based on unique views and paid once you’ve met your threshold. Payments are sent via PayPal 30-90 days after your article is published. Your piece is promoted on Sweatpants & Coffee’s social media platforms and contributors are encouraged to promote their own pieces as widely as possible.
1/10th of a cent per click ($10 for every 1000 unique views), payable after the first thousand, up to a total of $50 per month.
By submitting your article, you are verifying that Sweatpants & Coffee has the right to publish this submission. If Sweatpants & Coffee accepts your submission, you will be contacted with specific details on the next steps to take, within two to four weeks of submission.
Examples of articles that work well on our site include: