Last year, I made a gift list for pretty much anyone you could possibly think of on your list. I was working but looking at other jobs, and other than that I wasn’t too busy. Now I’m 4 months pregnant, working as much as I feasibly can, trying to prep for a baby, and I might have to go on bedrest. Christmas for me this year is mostly consisting of Amazon prime with giftwrapping – not because I’m lazy, but beause I’m only one person and can only do so much.
All that being said, I still naturally have collected or observed some items that have made me go “you know, this would be awesome for…” and stored them in a list on my phone. Here for your perusing pleasure is my Beauty Christmas Guide for 2017!
- For the person who loves skincare but has really, really picky skin: Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is one of the only things my skin has been okay with while pregnant, so it’s definitely effective but safe. It’s helped keep my skin hydrated, smooth, and soothed through this cold winter, too. With a slew of fruit, veggie, and flower extracts along with hyaluronic acid and two chemical exfoliants (glycolic and lactic acid), this stuff is hands down one of my favorite buys ever.
- For your pregnant friend: Soapwalla Resilience Pregnant Belly Oil helps to not only prevent and treat stretch marks, but it helps with the horrifically itchy belly skin. It spreads over a large area, so a little goes a long way, and the smell is super soothing. I’ve even started using it as a massage oil for my shoulders & back as well as on some old surgery scars. So far, it’s been helping!
- For your bearded friend: You take care of your face and your hair, but do you really take care of your beard? Beardbrand can help with a wide variety of kits for everyone – from the teenager who’s starting to grow a beard, to the veritable Viking with a beard that’s as full as the hair on his head. In scents like tea tree and spiced citrus, it’ll be easy to find a scent they’ll love.
- For the one who likes a close shave: When my husband stole my razor insisting it was his, I knew I had to give in and get us *both* Dollar Shave Club Thankfully they have an awesome gift box where you pick the razor, pick how often you want new blades delivered, and pay – they take care of the rest. Their shave butter is absolutely dreamy, and I’ve heard nothing but great things about their post-shave balm (both of these are included in the first gift box!).
- For your friend who can’t go anywhere without smelling everything that could possibly have a scent: Scentbird is a subscription company that sends you a new designer fragrance to try every month based on your profile. Grab one of the gift options so they can get a few months of new smells, or even one of the gift boxes along that comes with a free month subscription.
- For your DIY-obsessed friend: Rosemary Gladstar is a commonly referenced herbalist. She’s combined her beauty recipes from previous books into one handy reference guide, Herbs for Natural Beauty that includes one of my favorite recipes to research, Hungary water. It’s a soothing toner that helps for nearly any skin condition.
- For your friend who always says all beauty comes from within: Your friend isn’t wrong, so acknowledge it with this book that’ll help them have that post-shavasana glow all the time Slow Beauty is filled with ways to make your beauty routine fully into self-care, and a nearly spiritual experience. Having a morning mediation while I drink some tea to help with my skin? Don’t mind if I do!
- For that luxury organic friend (you know, the one who secretly kinda likes Goop): Get them a skincare kit of products they’ll love and you’ll know are actually legitimate thanks to Tata Harper Her formulas are jam packed with powerful ingredients grown on their farm in Vermont, and they take pride in bottling everything on site. Don’t let that fool you, though. These are potent formulations that work wonders.
- For the friend with Rapunzel hair: Keep ends tamed and long locks shiny with hair oil, like this aptly named Mermaid Hair Oil by Captain Blankenship. It smells like fir, orange, and rosemary, so they’ll basically feel like a forest nymph while their tresses get smooth and shiny.
- For the friend who needs their beauty routine to work with their workout routine: Muscle soaks are crucial after a good workout. Make those even better with some pink Himalayan salt bath salts from Mullein and Sparrow that smell like vetiver, rose, patchouli, and black pepper. The pink Himalayan salt is filled with minerals that do wonders for the skin and body, and who isn’t going to feel pampered when vetiver and rose are involved?