It is International Bacon Day today!.
I reached into the depths of the internet in honor of this momentous holiday. It was a dirty job, and absolutely worth the effort. I did not come back empty-handed. I love you, internet. Thank you for being you.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate International Bacon Day:
1. 50 States of Bacon – I found out that my home state of Washington ranks four percent below the national average (bunch of slackers!) Washington is also the birthplace of Baconnaise. It is a bacon-flavored mayo that contains no actual bacon.
Do you know how much your state loves bacon?
2. Don’t know what to give the bacon-lover in your life? Problem Solved!
3. Do you long for a musical number that contains surf singers, a robot, a DIY accident, and a call center? I know I do. You should head over to the internet classic “Rub Some Bacon on It” by Rhett and Link. You can dance to the beat of your love for this crispy and delicious wonder-meat.
4. ASAP Science is one of my favorite things on the internet. They dive right into the Science of Bacon. These facts are guaranteed to impress your friends and dazzle your co-workers.
5. I’ve been cooking bacon incorrectly my whole life. Bon Appetit shows me the light.
6. I found a video of a little kid trying bacon for the first time on Christmas morning. Their reaction is absolutely priceless and is essentially how I feel inside when I eat bacon. Bacon Bacon Bacon!
7. This remix of a cartoon classic celebrates in style.
8. You can learn how to play Bacon Pancakes on the Ukulele.
All of this activity makes me hungry. Epic Meal Time and The Virgin Kitchen have us covered:
9. Epic Meal Time makes an all bacon burger to end all bacon burgers.
10. The Virgin Kitchen answers the ever-burning question: Can you make a bacon wrapped grilled cheese sandwich?
Now go celebrate and eat some bacon!