I am so excited to be saying this. This October, there is going to be the first-ever Gilmore Girls Fan Festival! This is NOT a drill people! (does a little dance/squeal) The Wonderful Jennie and Marcus Whitaker have done what we’ve all wished we could do for years now– they have brought Stars Hollow to Life!
Here’s the lowdown of key things you need to know. It’s going to be held in Washington Depot, Connecticut on the weekend of October 21-23. You will be able to check-in on Friday, October 21, at 2 p.m. and things wrap up around noon on Sunday, October 23. The tickets will run you between $175-250 depending on how much access you want. (I want it all!) The full itinerary is still in the works but here are some pretty exciting things you can expect:
• There will be a town troubadour
• The original pilot episode will be shown on Friday and the finale (that broke us all in two) will show on Sunday.
• Cocktail hour Friday night
• ALL THE COFFEE. It just wouldn’t be right if there was a shortage of caffeine because how are you supposed to continue to talk as fast as you can?
• Saturday the top 2 episodes (by vote) will be shown in THE TOWN HALL. Like, the town hall. You know, the actual town hall in Stars Hollow!?
Saturdays Events will include:
• Tea at the Mayflower
• A Cake Tasting at Washington Food Market & The Pantry
• Knit-a-thon (yes, you read that right so get your needles ready!)
• Photo Opps on “the green”
• Book Readings
• Gilmore Trivia
• Dance Recitals and ..and ..and…
The list goes on. And the most amazing part? It’s not even finished yet. There are still things in the works and we can’t wait to see what else they come up with.
Oh, and did I mention that the entire cast was invited and the attendance is looking to be outstanding, including Jackson and Michel and Mrs. Emily Gilmore herself!
You need to go see all the things they have in store at www.GilmoreGirlsFanFest.com . You can see the full itinerary (what’s finalized this moment at least) and ticket options as well as lodging and travel.
And if you’re lucky enough to attend this amazing event we can’t wait to hear all about your trip to Stars Hollow. If you’re going to be watching for exciting updates we will be there.