Tony’s Corn Pudding
1 Spanish or Yellow Onion, medium, thinly sliced
1/4 C butter (1/2 stick or so)
1 1/2 C Corn Muffin Mix (1 box jiffy brand, usually)
1 Egg, beaten
1/3 C Milk
1 can creamed corn
5-6 drops Tabasco
1 C Sour Cream
1/4 t Salt (to taste)
1/4 t Dill (to taste)
1 or 2 C (to taste) Sharp or Very Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. Saute Onion slowly in butter until light brown in 12″ or bigger frying or saucepan.
2. Combine dry items and egg, mix well and pour into 8×8 baking pan.
3. Add wet mixture to sauteed onions in pan until warm. Reserve 1/2 of the cheese for topping.
4. Spread mixture in thin layer over batter in pan.
5. Top with remaining cheese. Add more cheese if it looks too sparse.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until batter is dry and top is set.
8. Make appreciative noises.