Self care is necessary to maintain a certain level of sanity. For introverts especially, self care rituals and products allow us to center our hearts and minds, complete adult tasks, and talk kindly and intelligently with people outside of our homes. There’s a wide range of self care items to help us recharge, providing welcome respites where we can fill our tanks and head out into the world once again.
While specific self care traditions and items can be deeply personal, there are common themes among those who have made self care part of their every day journeys. Here’s a saying that can help narrow down self care gift ideas for loved ones in your life; focus on Something Warm, Something Fun, Something Fresh, and Just for One.
Warm and fuzzies are essential self care items no matter the time of year. These can include:
- Blankets – the heavier and softer, the better.
- Candles – focus on soothing and refreshing scents, like lavender, vanilla, citrus, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
- Fuzzy socks – try The Joy of Socks for a great selection.
- Slippers – preferably with a plush liner.
- Fleece – this material is great for pajama pants and shirts.
- Anxiety blob – these plush buddies are excellent for calming stress.
It’s important not to forget that any of the “Something Warm” items can be enjoyed with a favorite wine or tea, multiplying the warming benefits!
Sometimes self care is simply participating in and then acknowledging success in the everyday world. Like going to the gym, taking a shower, or putting on pants. Here are some fun gift ideas to celebrate self care!
- Awkward Merit Badges – this book contains stickers of different accomplishments that deserve acknowledgment or celebration, from the socially awkward to the just plain funny.
- Adult Award Ribbons – these are the ribbons we all secretly want. Emily McDowell also has a collection of Everyday Bravery pins that are both beautiful and hilarious.
- Adult coloring books and colored pencils – these are popular, so it will be no problem finding the perfect fit.
- Gift certificates for a fun activity, such as kickboxing, dancing, or yoga.
One of the best self care activities is enjoying what is fresh and beautiful out in the world. Here are some fresh ideas for self care gifts!
- Nature is essential for self care – gifts to help enjoy nature could include hiking gear, sturdy and waterproof shoes, and books on local hiking trails and hidden gems.
- Essential oils and aromatherapy products are very popular, especially for those who have self care rituals. Collections like these essential oils can be ingested, put on the skin, or used in a diffuser around the house.
- Coffee – the gift that keeps on giving! Speaking of scents we love, coffee is both from nature and smells amazing. Plus, it helps us to “adult” when we need to.
Just for One
One of the ways that self care masters rejuvenate is to spend some time in solitude. Here are ideas for self-care gifts that don’t need to be shared.
- A spa day or service – provide a gift certificate to a spa for your loved one to get a manicure, a pedicure, or a massage.
- Relax at home – create an in-home spa with thick, fluffy towels and robes, slippers, candles, and bath salts or bubbles.
- Dinner and a movie – give a gift card to a restaurant that delivers, and top it off with a subscription to Netflix or Hulu, or invest in an Amazon Firestick!
No matter what you choose to get your loved ones, these self care gifts are sure to keep on giving long after the season ends!