Handmade gifts can be incredibly meaningful and are a way to express your heartfelt appreciation to the people you love. They can also be an affordable option and this way, you’ll avoid the long lines and stress of shopping. Here are 23 ideas for thoughtful presents you can make yourself.
1. DIY Coffee Bean Soap by Living Well Spend Less
Luxurious goats milk based homemade soap using coffee grounds as an exfoliant.
- Homemade Plaster of Paris Air Fresheners by Little Yellow Wheelbarrow
Simple air fresheners made with plaster and essential oils can also be used as ornaments.
- Gingerbread Body Butter by Frugal Mom Eh!
This gingerbread scented body butter will keep your skin soft and smelling fantastic.
- DIY Marbled Nail Polish Bowls by Hello Wonderful
You can easily make these gorgeous bowls using nail polish and water to produce marbled designs. Kid-friendly project!
- Caramel Latte Teacup Candle by Simply Stacie
This sweet candle is the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life.
- DIY Pearl Hairpins by Yes Missy
Simple, elegant, and easy to put together – these hairpins make great stocking stuffers.
- Handwritten Family Recipe Tea Towel by Hearth & Vine
A lovely way to preserve a treasured family recipe.
- 10 Minute Photo Keepsake Ornaments by Simple As That
These photo ornaments are easy to make and a wonderful way to save memories.
- Mason Jar Snow Globes by Make & Do Crew
Make personalized snow globes using mason jars and minatures.
- Imprinted Clay Bowls by Camille Styles
Use air-drying clay to make these elegant bowls.
- DIY Mini Polaroid Photo Magnets by Mama Say What
Tiny, adorable photo magnets are a lovely way to display Instagram photos.
- DIY T-shirt Pillow by Dilly Foxtrot
Repurpose beloved t-shirts into cuddly pillows.
- Mason Jar Pincushion by The Seasoned Homemaker
These pincushions with an attached jar for storage are great gifts for friends and teachers, and can even be used as table decorations.
- Photo Transfer Wood Cutting Board by The Art of Doing Stuff
Use your printer and wax paper to make a beautiful custom cutting board.
- DIY $3 Heating Pad by Satsuma Designs
Affordable, easy to make heating pad that you can create in ten minutes.
- Scrabble Tile Coasters by Gourmet Gab
These Scrabble coasters make for an easy, customized gift for any holiday.
- DIY Cupcake Socks by The Crafty Mom
Finally, a way to make socks a more festive (dare we say delicious?) gift.
- DIY Tiny Terrarium by Yellow Brick Home
Build and customize little terrariums for unique gift-giving.
- Super Easy Clip Photo Boards by An Oregon Cottage
Take a thrift store frame and transform it into a fun fabric-backed clip photo board.
- Origami Mini Paper Books by How About Orange
These adorable little books are the perfect stocking stuffers for kids.
- Typographical Canvas by Virginia and Charlie
Create a one of a kind, custom art piece using puffy paint and canvas.
- DIY Garden Markers by Wit & Whistle
Use polymer clay and rubber stamps to make a gift for your favorite gardener.
- Emergency Purse Kits by Second Chances by Susan
These mini emergency kits made from Altoid tins are just right for carrying essentials.